Thank You for Participating in SLAS2012!
Thank you for your decision to join thousands of your esteemed colleagues in sunny San Diego and for helping to make SLAS2012 the success that it was! Here are some of the highlights:
- 5,806 innovative scientists, engineers, researchers and technologists from academic, government and commercial laboratories around the globe took part in the First Annual SLAS Conference and Exhibition.
- Participants had access to more than 130 scientific podium presentations, 378 poster presentations, 22 short courses, and 59 industry sponsored tutorials and workshops.
- Participants in San Diego as well as hundreds of others from 13 countries around the world joined in two select sessions that were live streamed. Both Bridging the Valley of Death; How Can Academia and Pharma Best Work Together? and Advances in High-Throughput Screening Technologies are now available on-demand for a limited time.
- 325 exhibitors in 577 exhibit booths showcased their laboratory science and technology products and services; More than 60 new products were launched on the exhibit floor.
- Dan Dongeun Huh of Harvard University was awarded the SLAS $10,000 Innovation Award for his exceptional podium presentation, A Human Breathing Lung-on-a-Chip for Drug Screening and Nanotoxicology Applications. As the winner, Dr. Huh will also be giving his presentation at the 2012 SLAS Asia Conference in Shanghai, 19-21 June 2012. To learn more about the Lung-on-a-Chip topic, you can view this informative video that features Dr. Huh.
- Four exhibiting companies received the SLAS New Product Award (NPA) Designation:
- Dynamic Devices – 96VVP Liquid Handling Robotic Head
- Fluidix – Air Film
- Siloam Biosciences – OptiMax Microplates
- Tecan – HP D300 Digital Dispenser